We’d like to reassure you that we’re monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, following the advice of government authorities, adopting best practice recommendations and responding with a calm and careful approach.
Takarakka Bush Resort welcomes you to enjoy the outdoors, where you can escape to the fresh air, starry skies and total disconnect that our expansive Carnarvon Gorge has to offer.
Based on current government advice, Takarakka is open.
The health and wellbeing of our Takarakka guests continues to be of paramount importance, and we pride ourselves on the care we take of our guests, staff and local community.
What we’re doing in response
We’re committed to delivering and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness
- For your reassurance and extra protection, hand sanitisers have been placed at the entrance to each public building.
- We’ve implemented additional disinfection and cleaning protocols.
Our Information Sessions will run on the hour from 12pm – 5pm daily
- We’re making our check-in process quicker and easier.
- You’ll hear the right info to gain the most from your stay with plenty of opportunities for Q & A.
Reduced group size on Guided Tour adventures
- Your Guided Tour adventures will be offered with a maximum of 12 people per group.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout your tour. Relax and enjoy the vast wilderness.
Takarakka’s delicious outdoor Roast Dinners will still be available (bookings essential)
- We’re implementing the newly recommended spacing between tables.
- Plus offering the option of choosing takeaway if you’d prefer.
What you can do to help us
- If you’ve travelled overseas or had contact with somebody with Coronavirus in the last 14 days, or they’ve returned from overseas in the last 14 days, do not visit Takarakka. As per government advice, you’ll need to self-isolate for 14 days.
- If you have any flu-like symptoms, in consideration of others, please postpone your visit with us.
If you need to change your plans, you have the option to delay your travel – we encourage you to hold your booking in credit and are offering an extended period of 12 months to choose your dates. Alternatively, please refer to our Cancellation policy.
We’ll continue to monitor the information and advice issued by the government and adjust our practices based on their recommendations.
Above all, stay safe and we hope to see you soon at Takarakka.