These are incredibly challenging times and sadly, we’re no longer able to accept holidaymakers and tourists at Takarakka, effectively immediately.
This is in compliance with the government directive restricting any non-essential travel due to COVID-19.
Takarakka will currently remain open only to essential travellers in need of somewhere to stay.
For you to be considered an essential traveller:
- You have no permanent residence (you live in your van / motorhome), or
- You’re unable to return to your permanent residence due to distance, or border closures, or
- You have an urgent circumstance requiring accommodation (e.g. medical grounds), or
- Your job requires you to travel, is considered essential, and you cannot work remotely.
For those guests needing to stay with us over the coming weeks and months, we will all be practising self-distancing and hygiene measures, so you and your travelling companions remain safe, and for the safety of others. This way, we’ll be in the best place to be able to reopen for leisure travel as soon as we are permitted.
If you’re coming for a holiday, Easter or you’re able to stay home and are choosing not to, please be advised that we’re unable to accept new bookings and you should return home.
What should I do if I already have a booking?
- If you’ve already contacted us regarding changes to your travel plans – we’ll get back to you as soon as we’re able (please understand this is taking us some time).
- If you haven’t been in touch yet – please wait for our next update regarding existing bookings for next steps (we’ll post the update shortly).
We’re currently being inundated with calls and would appreciate all contact be via email to ensure we can get back to you regarding your booking as soon as possible.
Thanks for your patience and understanding