COVID-19 – update to booking Terms & Conditions
In the interest of protecting the health and well-being of our guests and staff, Takarakka Bush Resort will only accept guests who are essential travellers in need of somewhere to stay – and will not accept any guests on non-essential travel. This is in compliance with the government directive restricting any non-essential travel due to COVID-19.
If your travel is not essential – i.e. you’re coming for a holiday, Easter or you’re able to stay home and are choosing not to; please be advised we are unable to accept your booking.
Essential travellers – on arrival at Takarakka you will be required to complete and sign a hard copy of the COVID-19 Guest Declaration form for each of the persons travelling prior to check-in. We ask that you apply a serious degree of honesty and responsibility when responding to the following questions, to ensure we do our best to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the park and our community.
You acknowledge that your travel is considered “essential“:
- You have no permanent residence (you live in your van / motorhome), or
- You’re unable to return to your permanent residence due to distance, or border closures, or
- You have an urgent circumstance requiring accommodation (e.g. medical grounds), or
- Your job requires you to travel, is considered essential, and you cannot work remotely.
You acknowledge that:
- You have not returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- To the best of your knowledge, you have not had contact with a person who has a reported or suspected case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the past 14 days
- You do not have any symptoms consistent with coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you answer yes to any of these questions you may be referred to a local health authority, Queensland Health (13 HEALTH) or the police
As per industry recommendation for COVID-19, you will be required to provide previous location, plus future location and residential address details for the purpose of contact tracing.
Persons providing false information will be referred to the Queensland Police and may face fines of up to $13,345
In addition: By booking at Takarakka Bush Resort the guest agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Booking & cancellation policy as detailed.
- Check in time is 2pm for all accommodation and 10am for all caravan and camping sites.
- Check out time is 10am for all accommodation and caravan and camping sites.
- Rates per night are based on two adults.
- For the purpose of booking we consider a child to be aged 5 – 16 years and infants 0 – 4 years.
- Guest maximums must not be exceeded in accommodation styles.
- Accommodation is non-serviced.
- Minimum booking periods apply for selected school and public holidays.
- Bus group and tour operator bookings are not available online. Please book directly with management.
- As we’re located within the National Park, strictly no pets allowed.
- Maximum one car per site.
- Use of generators is strictly prohibited.
- Camp fires are allowed in designated fire pits only.
- Non-smoking policy applies to all accommodation and covered common areas. A fee equal to one night’s accommodation, will be charged if the non smoking policy has not been adhered to.
- Dump point is readily available if required, although we ask guests to consider using free council dump points on the journey in to Carnarvon Gorge as the cost of transporting this waste is astronomical. Thanks for your understanding.
- Follow all Takarakka Bush Resort Park rules as detailed.
- Management reserves the right to charge guests reasonable damage, repair and additional cleaning costs arising from any misuse, malicious damage or non compliance of park rules within the accommodation and facilities.
- Management reserves the right to terminate a booking agreement for reasons of non-compliance to Park rules or not following specific management directives.
- Takaru National Property disclaims all liability for loss or damage whatsoever arising from your entry to Takarakka Bush Resort. Guests enter the park at their own risk.